Monday, February 20, 2012

TTC Update!



This is the first time I am writing a blog post in a while. I don't really know where to begin. The last time I blogged, I talked about my struggle with infertility. I know this blog is supposed to be about cooking and sharing stories, but I can't help writing about this right now. It's where my heart is at.

In July I got the HSG test. They told me my chances of getting pregnant after that were very good for the next 3 months. I'm sure you can see where I am going with this. 7months later, I'm still not pregnant.

I have been having a very hard time with this and can't understand why it hasn't happened yet. I know it will happen one day, but I just wish I knew when.

It's been really stressful for me

God forbid someone says, "Why aren't you pregnant yet?" or, "Hows the baby making going?" or, "If you went on vacation you would get pregnant" I feel like I want to rip someones head off and tell them, "it's none of your business and stop asking!"

But thank God I have a very supportive husband who loves me very much. On Valentines Day, we celebrated our 8 year anniversary. We have been together for 13 years and everyone that knows us tells us that we are the most adorable couple they've ever met. I have to agree with them, we are pretty adorable. Lol.

Before my appointment back at the fertility clinic last week, Dave and I talked a lot about what the doctor would most likely tell us and how much it would cost. We agreed that no matter what, we would get all the information we could, and always keep talking about how we felt about all of this.

We really want to have a baby, but all the procedures and tests and traveling is exhausting and stressful. The doctor understood all this and remained positive, telling me I was her youngest patient and that time was still on our side. I was happy to hear that until she also explained that couples who try for three years without the aid of the fertility clinic have a ....drum roll....3% chance of pregnancy....yep, that's right. I know she has to tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly, but I really didn't want to hear that.

So after seeing the doctor and talking to my husband, we made up our minds for right now. We are NOT going to do anything for a year....no doctor appointments, no pills, no injections, no Ovulation tests. We're still hoping to get pregnant, we're just not going to stress about it, or rather, I'm not going to stress about it.

I do want to see if there are holistic things I can do to make my chances better on getting pregnant, so I might do some light research at Barnes and Noble on that.

I am going to spend this next year living life, not waiting to get pregnant, but accepting and loving that I have this wonderful life enjoying every minute of it!!

So this year I am going to smile more, cook more, love more, be silly more, laugh more, dance more, be still more, pray more, do things I have never done more, go places I have never been more, tell myself I am beautiful more, love myself more, be happy in the moment more, meditate more, blog more, read more... and never forget that these are the moments and the people that make me happy and make me smile.


And isn't that what life is all about. :)



So here is too a more positive and less stressful 2012 :) 
Who's with me?


6 comments:

  1. You should come visit us! We would love to have you guys and once you do have kids (which you will) you will find it so much harder to get away! Hope to see you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are being one of the strongest women I know and your dreams will come true. I think about you all of the time. You and Dave are in my heart! Everything has a way of working its way out in the end. And if there's anything we can do to help dont hesitate to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well said :) I love you and I look forward to see you enjoy this year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, people need to stop being so nosy! It certainly doesn't help when you're already stressed out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It WILL happen. Just do exactly as you wrote in this post!! Your body needs to be as stress free as possible xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your decision to be more happy and less stressed is the best thing you could do! The only other thing is stop listening to people. I know it sounds obvious but it is easier said then done. Most of the time people make hurtful comments, and most of them don't even know they are! I wish the best to you, health and love and I am sure all will be well soon for you!
    bisous!

    ReplyDelete